Thursday, June 17, 2010

30 weeks, 1 day

Well lets see...

This past weekend Chris and I took our last "babymoon" and went to see the sights in Branson. I had never been before, it really is a cute little town. Lots to explore there, and we just barely touched on it. We left Friday after work, and we proceeded to do a little shopping and then go to Branson Landing which is their version of the Riverwalk. We ate at a splendid Mexican restaurant and I left with a happy tummy. SO GOOD!

Saturday we woke up early and headed out to Silver Dollar City. There were so many neat things to see/watch there, like blacksmiths making knives out of railroad spikes, glass blowing, pottery, and more. Chris rode the roller coasters around a few times and we did a little shopping there. We ate a cookie that was bigger than my head, and it was delicious. Bought some salt water taffy for the road.

Afterwards we got cleaned up and went to an early dinner at Mel's Hard Luck Diner. Its a 50s style diner where the waiter/waitresses sing to you in between serving you. Definitely cool. Our server was a guy who was in the top 20 on American Idol. The burgers were great and we finished it off with a root beer float for dessert. Did a bit more shopping, played a round of mini golf and called it a night.

Sunday was Tanger Outlet Mall day. We arrived before the shops opened and plotted out everywhere we wanted to visit. We got some INCREDIBLE deals on little boy clothes, and we purchased everything from newborn size to 2T. We couldn't help ourselves on some of it! I managed to get a new purse out of the deal, we got Chris some polo shirts and we bought a waffle maker. Afterwards we hit the road to return home. Overall, it was a nice little get away and we really enjoyed ourselves. (minus the sleeping on the hard beds part!)

Now for this week:

I had my 30 week appointment yesterday. Everything "looks great except my weight". Well, I am doing everything I am supposed to, so there really isn't much else for me to do. He said, "You might be one of those that retains lots of fluids". Awesome.

I also had my glucose tolerance test, where I had to drink a nasty flat orange soda drink that gave me a *horrible* headache. The headache lasted all night despite tips from the lady in the draw station to go home and eat protein to help, which I did, but to no avail. Ugh. I sure hope I passed so I don't have to do the 3 hour test, I don't think I could sit still that long...

Well, now for my 30 week update...


How far along? 30 weeks

Maternity clothes?: Some days yes, some days no.

Sleep: Lately it seems that I have been able to sleep through the night better. That is nice, but when I do have to get up I notice it is definitely taking more of an effort. I am doing everything in my power to not grunt as I hoist my body out of bed.

Cravings:
Vitamin Waters, I had a day last week where I HAD to have pineapple, yum!

Best moment this week: Talking with Chris and really discussing my feelings about everything and him supporting me regarding them.

Movement: Yep. It seems lately that he has really started moving more often than before.

Gender: Boy!

Labor Signs: None that I can tell.

Belly Button in or out? Still in. But it is getting awful shallow these days. The top of my belly button sure seems to point out a bit more, so we shall see what happens in the next 10 weeks.

What I miss: Seeing my feet. Being able to workout harder.

Weekly Wisdom: ZANTAC!

Milestones:
glucose test, 10 weeks to go!

Favorite Moments: Looking forward to my first shower this weekend, a joint family shower with my sister in law! So exciting!

2 comments: