Friday, February 25, 2011

Worry

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about worry. Being a Mom, there is no shortage of worry when it comes to your baby. It is such an easy thing to do, worry about this and that. It may be something big, like where you'll send him to school, or how to fix his horrible sickies; or something small, what he should wear for the day. Or it may be worrying because you are going to leave him for two and a half days. (this weekend will be my first away!)

But I was introduced to a different kind of worry recently.

I have a patient who was telling me about her boy that she lost. She said that when he was 11 or so, he was out mowing the lawn and got hit by a drunk driver. He didn't make it, and neither did the drunk teen driving the car. Just mowing the lawn. Doing a chore for his mother. As simple and as quick as that.

Whoa. My stomach knotted just thinking about the possibility of losing my little boy that early. I can't even imagine.

Then I began to think of my cousin, who lost her days old baby boy a few weeks ago. Hello worry, where did you come from?

But then I went to church the other day, and Pastor Craig seemed to be talking directly to me when discussing that we are God's masterpieces. When he reminded us that God has each of our days planned for us before we even exist, be it 4 days, 60 years, or 90 years. I realized at that time, honestly, why worry? God already knows what he has planned out for us. And? God is GOOD. It is so true.

So each day that I wake up? Yeah, I'm definitely going to be thanking God for a new day to spend with my sweet boy.

The point of this post? Cherish your time with your loved ones. Each day is precious, and is truly a gift. OH, and there's really no point to worrying. :)

And the below quote is just perfect...

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone

1 comment:

  1. Great post! That story made me cry but you're so right, there isn't any reason to worry, God is taking care of us.

    ReplyDelete