Saturday, April 30, 2011

Alzheimer's sucks.

I work with it every day, therefore I know this much is true. I am reminded. Daily.

But today, we celebrate my Uncle's life and all of his amazing accomplishments made in his short 66 years before succumbing to such a horrible disease.

We praise the Lord for He is good, and we do not mourn like those who have no hope.

1 Thess 4:13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

2 comments:

  1. It does suck! I'm thinking about and praying for you guys. It is hard to say goodbye but you're so right that we have hope because we will see our family again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is a horrible disease that steals from everyone around the victim. We had a wonderful tribute to my brother's life and legacy. He is with our mother, his stillborn child, and his grandson. He is happy and healed and with our LORD. One day we will be together forever!

    ReplyDelete