Saturday, February 25, 2012

Love Story

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Husband and I met freshman year in college (Fall 2001), but didn't really start dating until April (2002).

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Our "love story" begins with our Greek houses doing Homecoming together during our freshman year of college. It was a complete disaster. (Not us meeting, but the house dec. It was pathetic!) We continued to hang out through the spring semester when we started dating. Funny story - he actually went to our first sorority date party with one of my closest friends in the house (and still closest friends from the house today). We still find this story hilarious, both husband and my friend. Maybe it's especially hilarious 'cause he was kinda a tool that first date party? ;)

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We got married on November 4th, 2006, so it's been just a little over 5 years.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married at a mansion in town. I wanted to find the perfect church that would allow me to let our dog be the flower dog. But, no church would allow that. So? We got married in a mansion, so 'our' dog could stand at the front with the bridesmaids. And it was great! It was midsize - around 150 or so? My dad surprised us with fireworks in between the ceremony and the reception and it was AMAZING! Wouldn't have changed anything about the day!
{my flower dog}

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Hmm...Mommy and Daddy are most common now. Honey and Babe are also common.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is laid back yet task oriented, funny, and is the best father/husband I could have hoped for.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Husband proposed the day after his birthday in our college town, on a walking trail around their 'lake' at night, after a thunderstorm, while walking the dog. Yes, he made sure Pearl was there! The backdrop was just gorgeous, with the leftover remnants of lightning shooting through the sky.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Neither. We aren't big fans of the day, and are usually in saving money mode instead of spending it on flowers that die. On the occasion he does buy me flowers, it is usually something that is in dirt with roots so that it can be moved to our garden. Last year for my first real Mother's day Camden and He got me some calla lilies that I replanted to our garden. I can't wait to see them come up this year!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I think I am a little of both. For him? He's definitely a movie and relax on the couch kinda guy. Anything where I'm not chasing around a toddler is relaxing now a days, so I don't really care where I'm sitting as long as I'm getting to do it peacefully. :)

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I had always wanted to travel to another country with him, and we did that last year when we went to Australia with the Snows. Hey travel buddies!! I'm sure a vacation with just the two of us would be nice, but there's no where I am dying to travel to or see immediately. I do, however, want to see Celine Dion's new Vegas show at some point...

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Well we didn't do anything big this past year, I think we went to bed early. At this point in our lives sleep trumps anything involving staying out past our bedtime!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope! There wasn't anything I needed. But I did get Husband a cute canvas that had Camden's hand and footprints on it, that were turned into a tool belt. It is now our new art in the hall. Love it!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Be a team. Doing anything together is twice as easy as alone. Don't go to bed mad, talk it out.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.



I could obviously keep going here, but I'll make myself stop. Love those two!

No comments:

Post a Comment