Wednesday, April 18, 2012

348 Months

For my birthday, I told Chris there were only a few things I wanted. Burlap Toms, and to go painting at Pinot's Palette which is a new painting place here in town. You can buy a bottle of wine and in a two hour time span they tell you how to paint your own masterpiece. Masterpieces range from famous paintings like Starry Night by Van Gogh, or other art like what we chose, the blue tulips. As you can see, they allow us as much creative freedom as we wanted, so I chose to make my tulips purple, since purple tulips are my FAVORITE. Jennie opted to make hers pink to go in Snowflake's room. The option of changing our colors was nice to add a little personalization to our works of art! It was a fun time, and much more challenging than I thought!


{The beginning instructions...here we go!}


{those of us in our painting party}


{I'm working hard. Very focused.}

{the whole gang, with our finished product!}

{those of us that are related. ;)}

It was so much fun. I can't wait to go back!

My birthday was a blast. It was all celebrated early because I had to work that weekend. But I got to paint, then spend Good Friday off with Husband who was also off for the holiday. My brother took us out shooting guns, and that was AWESOME. I had never shot a gun, so I went from two extremes, painting and doing something dainty with the girls to shooting guns with boys. I shot 4 different types of guns: a baby desert eagle 9mm, a Smith and Wesson M&P 9m, .40 caliber and an AR15 rifle. Sounds like I know what I'm talking about? Ha! I don't. But my brother does so he was the best person possible to take us shooting. Husband has shot guns before but nothing like that. We have decided that we both probably need to take some classes and it would be fantastic if we could own some land to practice shooting our guns on. Sometime, Lord willing. Finances are tough to get worked out, ya know? But we would like to be able to defend ourselves, God forbid we would ever need to, but better safe than sorry.

My birthday was an awesome, awesome time.


I don't know if next year can top it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment