Friday, May 25, 2012

Chomp Chomp went the crocodile..


Little C has been challenging in more ways than one lately. Firstly, things haven't been going so smoothly in the teething department in our house. Little C has had a rough go, and I've nicknamed him my little crocodile. He's been biting and I keep getting calls from daycare saying he has bitten again. The past call I got, he had already successfully connected twice and attempted a third, all before lunch. Goodness gracious, what a little stinker! My sister bought him this awesome new book called 'Teeth Are Not For Biting'. We read it often. So far it hasn't sunk in I suppose. 





In addition to biting he's been throwing the mother of all fits when he doesn't get his way. He is testing Husband and I, trying to outlast us in the fit department to see if we will give in. After 45 minutes of a fit and timeouts and tears, he finally realized that he got his stubbornness from his parentals and we weren't going to give in. He finally did what we asked him, and was promptly rewarded with his sippy of milk that he wanted in the first place. It has been so challenging.

I posted this as my FB status the other night.


(Click to view larger if necessary)


And it is honestly SO true. Despite all fits, tears and frustrations that we all have had, I couldn't be happier. I am honestly blessed beyond measure to even have the opportunity to be this little crocodile's mother. 

Sometimes, you just need a little perspective. And God gave me a nice little nudge right when I needed it.


Happy weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment