Wednesday, November 21, 2012

happenings...

Been so busy around these parts. Between shoots for family and friends, setting up Christmas lights, doing holiday baking and being sickly, it's been hard to keep things straight around here.

I feel like I am behind on sleep sometimes, but I love the hustle and bustle of the holidays. I love taking pictures for friends so I wouldn't change it for anything.

Camden has been talking and repeating everything lately. Sentences are getting longer, words are getting bigger. I am amazed at how much he learns on a daily basis. He is so fun to be around, even with the toddler tantrums and all. I mean, I just love this age, even though it is supposedly "terrible". He has been big into wanting to sit on our laps, bringing us books and when Chris is outside hanging lights he is trying to tackle and climb on Daddy, and it is just precious. He can put up things that he knows are to be put up, he knows to push in his chair after dinner and he especially loves going to CiCi and Papa's house after school because he knows they have chips and dip. In fact, he started screaming in the morning when I drop off Pearl, "I get out, PLEASE! I get out, PLEASE!". He's not a fan of having to wait until after school. He says things adorably like "nonut" instead of "donut" and uses words like "together" and is frequently yelling out "I did it!".

We bought him Mickey Mouse Christmas lights the other day, they were the last string available at Target and shoved way in the back. We hung them on his curtain rod above his bed, and he was so happy to see them up there that without prompting he thanked us. "Thank you Mama, Thank you Dada". It was so precious that I just died right there. I just couldn't take the sweetness.

In other exciting news, I figure I better share my stolen cell phone story. It was pretty entertaining so it's only fair that I share it.

I was taking pictures of my friends Preston and Jennie and their adorable little Kinley and Tobie on Sunday at a nature park near my house. I had my cell phone in my pocket but I was doing lots of squatting when taking the pictures, so I think that's when it happened. My phone fell out of my pocket, and I realized it as we were taking pictures. FAIL. I looked all around where we were and didn't see it, so we hiked back acrossthe park and looked on the other side of the trail where we took pictures. We walked back and forth, searching. In the meantime I called Chris from Jennie's phone and had him log into the Find My iPhone app on the iPad. He logs in and says that he sees it, occasionally telling me that he thinks it has moved, but it was hard to tell as all of the picture showed was "off the map" and off of the streets, because basically the park wasn't mapped out (thank you so much apple maps). I run into another friend, Jennifer out there who thankfully had a free second and loaned me her iPhone and I logged into the app as well so we could switch back and forth from the app to the apple map and see if we thought we were close to where it was. Eventually it looked as if it were IN the parking lot. SO confusing. I mean, what? We walked around and it wasn't there, so we assumed that it meant that the satellites were off and we headed back down the trail. As soon as we did, Preston and Jennie heard someone say "I'll be right back" and sure enough, we look at the map and we see that my phone is quickly on the move. What the heck? Someone STOLE it, despite the fact that I was asking EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. that I passed. That's just crappy. So, I get on the app on Jennifer's phone and lock my cell phone and put a message up for them to see on it. It said. "I am lost, please call this number (I put in Chris' number). Then once I saw it travelling, I started getting a little meaner. I added to it. "I see you. I am still at the park. Please return it". Nothing happened. Then, we noticed it got still in a parking lot across from Walmart. So we decide to go get those boogers and throw down. Jennifer and I hop in my car and head to find it. We arrive and see it's a Nail Salon and a Subway. We are about to head in and start asking, when we set it off the alert to find it and hear it. It sounded like it was coming from a nearby car! Upon closer approach we can tell it's in the bush. We continue to set off the alert, and we find it buried deep in a thick and thorny bush. So someone obviously ditched it and hid it in there hoping I wouldn't find it and they could come back and get it, OR they were hoping to at least not get caught. JERKS. So after an hour and a half of searching and the generous patience of Jennie, Preston and Jennifer, we found it. Wowee was it ever a scare of a lifetime. And who steals a phone when you OBVIOUSLY SEE THE PEOPLE SEARCHING FOR IT? Sad that there just aren't honest people in this world anymore. The moral of the story? Don't drop your phone. And if you do? You better have the Find My iPhone app on it. TRUST ME.

Well that's some of the excitement going on in our lives, but let me say my favorite holiday is upon us. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

On a random note--had to post this from an app on my iPhone. Anyone else notice blogger being screwy? It won't let me open up my page on my home computer! So weird!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment