Thursday, January 10, 2013

Secret baby blogging, continued.

December 20th, 2012


I had another appointment on Monday at 11w and 2d. Baby looked good, was measuring two days ahead. (for fun: if you are doing the math that means July 4th!) I finally got to meet the doctor, and he's awesome. Like super incredibly nice. I was kinda wondering why I didn't switch sooner he was so stinkin' nice. Also I got there - paid a co-pay, had an ultrasound, labwork, met with the finanial lady and was back to pick up little C within like 45 minutes. Super efficient, which is what I like. The doctor said, "I'll admit, we do more ultrasounds than necessary, but that's really just for fun". Hey, who can argue with that? It's pretty cool really. At this office you get one every visit. Super cool! The office is nice and huge and all of the staff members have been super personable. Me likey.

The doctor said he had a guess on what the gender was, but wouldn't tell me. He said "it would just be a guess". We should get to find out in a month! Crazy that he'll tell me so early, I'm super excited. Husband thinks it's going to be a girl. I think it's going to be a boy. Husband wants a boy. I want a girl. Kind of messed up thinking a little, no? One of us is going to be right! Honestly, I'd be good either way. Now that I have a boy I can only envision myself as a boy mom, unless something were to change - I'm sure of course that I would adapt. Only time will tell!

We started painting Camden's new room. We picked a khaki color for three walls and a nice shade of blue for an accent wall. It looks good, and Camden is thrilled with his blue wall. He's so fun these days, I love listening to him tell stories. He always has such an inflection in his voice, always goes higher at the end of a sentence "Daddy paint-ing, and Momma paint-ing!" He loves to jabber and talk and talk, he comes up with new stuff all the time. The other day I sneezed and he said "Bless you Mommy" and I had no idea he knew how to do that. It was so sweet!

When you ask him if he wants a brother or a sister he says, "no brother, no sister either" while adamantly shaking his head. Haha! Smart kid. Too bad he doesn't have a choice in the matter! He identifies the room we are painting as "Camden's new room" and he likes to go in there to play while we are painting and prepping, but he still see's his old room as his room. Baby steps I suppose! He's so used to his current room that it will definitely be a change. Good thing we have time. We are talking about setting it all up and moving toys in there so he plays and gets more comfortable. I usually don't do toys in the bedroom because I want him to associate his bedroom with sleep, but I think I might need a different strategy for this one. We shall see.

Christmas stuff is in full swing. Baking, preparing, wrapping presents and of course last minute shopping. I can't believe it's already here and almost time for a new year! So much to do, so many people to see. I have a love/hate relationship with the holidays. It's cold, present shopping is stressful and there is SO much to do. I love getting to see and catch up with family. Maybe that is why my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. All the fun of Christmas but less shopping/stress.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment